How to Send GALA
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article explains how to send GALA to another wallet.
The purpose of this article is to educate the reader on how to send GALA. Common issues that may occur will also be discussed at the end.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
1) Choose the personal wallet or exchange wallet that you would like to send GALA to.
1a)If it’s your wallet, you’ll have to navigate to the receive address and copy it.
1b) If it’s someone else’s wallet, ask them for the address they’d like to receive GALA in.
2) On the GALA Games website, click on Inventory on the top bar of links.
3) Click on Gala, under Balances
4) Click on Send GALA
5) Input the amount desired in the Amount box:
6) Paste the address used in step 1 into the To box (This can also be scanned with a smartphone.)
7) After double checking to make sure the address and amount are correct, click Continue.
8) The last step will require the account’s Transfer Code, a password that users create in the Gala Account creation process. If a Transfer Code is forgotten, it’s possible to set it to something else with the wallet’s recovery phrase.
9) The sending process may take some time due to the Ethereum Network; the status can always be checked by going to a site such as Etherscan and inputting an account’s GALA address in the search bar.
What are Some Reasons GALA is Not Sending?
1. The first and most common reason that GALA doesn’t send is that the Ethereum balance inside of an account’s wallet is insufficient to allow the transaction to go through.
It’s always a good idea to have substantially more Ethereum than is required for the transaction. For example, the transaction might estimate it needs 0.008 Ethereum, but the miner fee might really make it cost closer to 0.012.
Try to keep a balance “cushion” of Ethereum in your account so that this common problem does not happen.
2. An account’s transfer code may have been inputted incorrectly. Double check and know the difference between Password, Transfer Code, and Seed Phrase. They are three separate but important things to keep safe.
3. The Ethereum network is congested.
One solution to this is to wait and try again later. The Ethereum network controls the speed of a transaction being filled and not Gala Games.
Another solution, although more complex, is to import an account’s seed phrase to another wallet, such as MetaMask, in order to have more control over how much of an Ethereum gas fee you’re willing to pay for transactions.