Install The Gala Node Software on MacOS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This is a step-by-step guide on installing the Gala Node software on MacOS.
Knowing how to install the Gala Node software on MacOS will help a user run their Gala Node properly to both help support the network and get credit in the distribution.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
Gala Node Requirements
What is a Distribution?
What is the Gala Games Ecosystem?
Where are Rewards Found After Distribution?
How To Sign Up For a Gala Games Account
Purchase a Founder’s Node License
Download the Gala Node Software
This article assumes a user has a Founder’s Node license or a game node license such as a Town Star Node. It also assumes a user has downloaded the MacOS software by following the download tutorial above.
1) Once the software is downloaded and opened, a prompt like the one shown below will appear. Drag the Gala Node software into the Applications folder.
2) Once the software is copied into the folder, open up the Applications folder and click Gala Node as shown in the screenshot below.
3) Once the software is open, a prompt similar to the below screenshot will appear. Click Open to continue.
After the software is open, click Authorize.
4) A device confirmation code will appear in the web browser. Click Confirm.
5) After logging in correctly, the software will look similar to the screenshot below. It may take several minutes to several hours for the Gala Node software to sync for the first time. If a user has a Founder's Node license and a game node license such as a Town Star Node license, they will appear accordingly. This example only has Founder's Node licenses so only the Founder's Node information will appear.
6) Click Workloads in the Gala Node software and make sure that the workload for the license associated with the account are active.
Note: If a computer is taking longer than usual to sync the device, try refreshing the software by going to View and Refresh Window to refresh the Gala Node software.