How To Setup 2 Factor Authentication (2FA)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article is a step-by-step guide on setting up 2FA for a Gala Games Account.
Having 2FA enabled allows for extra security for protecting a Gala Games account. Knowing how to set up and configure 2FA will allow a user to control how much or how little security a user wants to have enabled in their Gala Games Account.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
How To Sign Up For a Gala Games Account
This article also assumes the user has a phone capable of running a 2 Factor Authentication application such as Google Authenticator.
Two Factor Authentication is an extra login credential/password that can be added in addition to a username, password or Transfer Code. With this example specifically, it uses a person’s cell phone and a 2FA application to present a user with a series of 6 numbers that are randomly generated roughly every 30 seconds.
Note: The user assumes all risk and responsibility for the use of any 3rd party authenticator.
1) When a person logs into their Gala Games account, a prompt such as the one below may appear. Click Set up Now to continue.
1A) If the prompt does not appear, log into a Gala Games account and click the username in the top right of the website. Once the menu pops up, click Account.
1B) In the settings menu, click Two-Factor Authentication.
2) Choose one of the following authenticator applications to run on a phone. Once it is downloaded click continue.
3) After clicking continue, go into your authentication app and scan the QR code shown on the screen. This code is different for every user. Please be sure to save the backup phrase by clicking the copy button under the QR code and saving it in a safe location.
3a) These steps show how to add the authenticator to your device. In this, Google Authenticator will be used. There will be two different screens a person may see.
This screen below will appear if this is a fresh download of an authentication application.
This screen will differ between authentication options, but they generally have the same options. The first option below is to scan a QR code. This option will use your device’s camera to scan the QR code shown in the previous step and will automatically add the information to the application. If a camera is unavailable, the option to enter a setup key is available. An example of this key is shown below:
3b) After scanning or entering the setup key. This will appear in the app of your choosing. The text above shows the application the 2FA code is for (in this case it is Gala) and the email it is associated with. The account’s email that was used to set up the 2FA will be shown after. This helps users manage multiple accounts for the same application, since each code is specifically tied to the setup key generated.
4) After adding 2FA to the selected application, enter the code generated in the application. After entering this code, click the enable button.
5) Once 2FA is enabled, a user can customize when and where 2FA should be required. This information is under the same Two Factor Authentication tab in Account Settings as what is used to set up 2FA.
Users can require 2FA for the following:
Account Modifications - When editing Account information such as Display Name, Email ,Account Password and Phone Number.
Account Login - When logging into a Gala Games account.
Transactions - When sending out cryptocurrencies from the account's wallet such as sending out GALA or NFTs.
Purchases - When purchasing from the Gala Store.
Account Delete - When a user clicks the Account Deletion button.
Transfer Code - When a user is wanting to reset their Transfer Code using their Recovery Phrase.
Download Private Key - When a user is requesting to download their wallet's Private Key.
After selecting the options desired, click update to allow these changes to become active.