Verifying an Account with Metamask
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article explains describes the process for verifying a Gala Games account, such as when two-factor authentication (2FA) needs to be removed.
The purpose of this article is to explain what is needed to verify an account before 2FA can be removed.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
How to Import a Private Key into Metamask
This article also assumes that the user has imported their wallet attached to their Gala Games account. The wallet attached to the Gala Games account must be used. This wallet can be imported by either using the recovery phrase or private key as shown in the above tutorials.
1) After importing the wallet attached to a person's Gala Games account into MetaMask, navigate to https://app.mycrypto.com/sign-message.
2) Click MetaMask to continue.
3) Click Connect to MetaMask on the next page.
4) This will bring up the select accounts page in MetaMask. Select the wallet that was imported into MetaMask.
Click Next to continue.
5) Click Connect.
6) This will bring the user back to the page message page. In the message page, please enter the ticket number provided when creating the ticket in the support desk. This will be displayed in the email responses. Click Sign Message
7) This will bring up a prompt requesting to sign a message. Click Sign to continue.
8) A signature will be generated. Please copy and paste the signature. Do not send a screenshot of this screen.
A signature will look similar to this:
9) Once the signature is provided, this will help verify ownership of a Gala Games account.