Getting Started in Town Star
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article explains how to start playing Town Star.
The purpose of this article is to guide the reader through the process of playing Town Star by providing a step-by-step guide.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
How To Sign Up For a Gala Games Account
Before explaining the steps needed to play Town Star, it’s important to know that Town Star does not require an account to play, but in order to earn rewards for placing in the weekly tournaments it does. This is why for the best experience playing Town Star, an account is required.
1) Log into a Gala Games account and click Games.
2) In the Town Star display, click Play.
3) Make a choice between the Weekly Competition server or the Free server by clicking on Join. (You can change this later by clicking on Change the next time you log in.)
The Weekly Competition is the only server that will earn tournament rewards for playing.
The Free server is for fun and players can test out different strategies to improve their town for the next weekly competition.
4) After choosing a server click Play Now
5) Select an empty square of land on the World Map; this will be your new town location! Some locations are better than others for certain strategies. It’s also important to remember that a user cannot put their town where other players have already made their claim. Those spots will have default icons , as seen here, or a custom profile picture.
It is highly recommended to check out Townstar.com to learn more about how to play Town Star. This website includes guides, tutorials and other strategies that can help both new and veteran players alike!