Deposit and Withdraw GALA and Other Crypto Currencies
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article shows how to deposit and withdraw cryptocurrencies such as GALA and Ethereum that are supported in a Gala Games account.
Gala Games utilizes cryptocurrency; understanding how to deposit cryptocurrency into your wallet is essential. Once you’ve deposited cryptocurrencies into your account, you can then purchase NFTs, Gala Gold, or a Founder’s Node from the Gala Store. Please note: Ethereum is required to mint items in the Treasure Chest.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
What is a Founder’s Node?
What is GALA?
What is a Blockchain?
What are NFTs?
What is the Incentive for Running a Founder’s Node?
How To Sign Up For a Gala Games Account
What is an ERC20/721/1155 contract?
GALA[ETH] and GALA[GC]
1) Log in to Gala Games account and click Inventory.
2) The inventory page will show all cryptocurrencies that are supported by the Gala Games platform. The amount of the cryptocurrencies in the wallet will be shown as well. This wallet does not have any cryptocurrencies in it, so all of the wallet balances are at 0. This example will show how to deposit GALA. This is done by clicking the arrow next to the GALA[ETH] balance as shown below.
3) After clicking the arrow, there will be 2 options to choose from.
Get GALA[ETH] will allow a user to receive GALA from another wallet using the Ethereum Network.
Send GALA[ETH] will allow a user to send GALA from their Ethereum wallet to another wallet.
For all supported cryptocurrencies, the wallet will show the Get and Send prompts for each of them (Get Eth, Receive Eth etc.)
In this case, click Get GALA[ETH] so that it will show the Account’s GALA address on the Ethereum Network. The GALA address will be the same as the account’s Ethereum address since GALA[ETH] uses the Ethereum Network.
4) The “receive funds” prompt will appear after clicking Get GALA[ETH]. A user can request a certain amount of GALA and this will change the generated QR code, but the address will stay the same.
A user can click Copy Address to add the address to the person's clipboard so it can be pasted into a wallet's send field.
5) Clicking Send GALA[ETH] it will show this prompt for the user.
AMOUNT: This is the amount of the cryptocurrency you want to send out of a wallet. This example is for GALA.
Send Max: This sends the full balance available. If a user has 100 GALA in their wallet, it will fill the AMOUNT space with 100.
TO: This is the address of the recipient’s wallet.
Note: Always double check to make sure the address is entered correctly. Once funds are sent out to a different wallet, they cannot be recovered.
Gas Fee: The gas fee is the fee set by Ethereum for sending out a cryptocurrency using the Ethereum blockchain. A user can use the Speed Up option to select the gas fee they want to pay.
Note: A user can use the speed up transaction to select how much Ethereum to spend. Moving the slider right will send the transaction faster than being on the left. Click Confirm to save the changes to the gas fee.